You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Web Client Custom Tabs - Refused to Connect

asked on August 16, 2023

I am new to the Web Client Custom tabs setup. I have set up a new tab with a URL to one of our public forms.

However, on the tab, it shows our forms site is refusing to connect.

I have tried adding the Web Client URL as an X-Frame-Options = ALLOW-FROM https://lf.oursite/Laserfiche

 

0 0

Replies

replied on December 4, 2023

Was there any solution for this issue? I have a Client who applied Forms 11 update 4 and now encountering this issue. The tabs were working in previous to applying the update 4.

1 0
replied on August 17, 2023 • Show version history

Have you looked in the console or the network tab of the browser's developer tools? One of those places should have more information about what went wrong.

0 0
replied on August 17, 2023

Hi Brian,

This is what I found in the console...

 

0 0
replied on August 18, 2023

It looks like you are right that it's that the X-Frame-Options needs to be updated to allow for that framing, but that your change didn't take effect. I would double-check that you made that change in the right place in the Forms configuration.

0 0
replied on August 24, 2023

Hi Brian, 

Do you have any suggestions for what is required? I have read that X-Frame-Options = ALLOW-FROM <source> is deprecated and shouldn't be used.

I then tried using the following..

Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors https://ourFormsServer/Forms/ 

And a few variations of the URL with the '*' wildcard.

0 0
replied on December 4, 2023

X-Frame-Options has been superseded, but from the logs you showed it's clearly what is being used. I would not expect that adding a CSP header would override the existing X-Frame-Options header, you would still need to modify XFO.

0 0
replied on December 4, 2023

Hi All. 
I did get this working. Although, I can't quite remember what I did in the end. 

This is what I have in my web config...

<httpProtocol>
      <customHeaders>
        <clear />
        <add name="X-Frame-Options" value="https://YourFQDNServer/Forms" />
        <!-- <add name="X-Frame-Options" value="SAMEORIGIN" /> -->
      </customHeaders>
      <redirectHeaders>
        <clear />
      </redirectHeaders>
    </httpProtocol>

1 0
replied on December 5, 2023

Thanks Jonathan. We had to uncheck/disable  X-Frame-Options in the Forms 11 configuration and that resolved the issue. Just as you have it commented out.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.