You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Workflow search URL syntax issue

asked on July 28, 2023 • Show version history

I'm trying to run the following search and saving the URL to send out in an email:

{LF:Name="%*", Type="F"} & {LF:LOOKIN="Repository\HR Scanning"}

The LaserficheWebsearchURL that Workflow creates looks like this (I'm also using the EncodeURI function on the token):

%(GenerateLaserficheWebClientURLs_LaserficheWebSearchURL 1#@EncodeURI@#)

The URL sent in the email looks like this:

https://lfserver.com/laserfiche/index.aspx?db=Repository#/view=search;search=%7BLF:Name=%22%25*%22,%20Type=%22F%22%7D%20&%20%7BLF:LOOKIN=%22Repository%5CHR%20Scanning%22%7D

When I click on the URL nothing happens.  Any suggestions?

 

Thanks!

 

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on July 31, 2023

Ah I completely missed the percentage in your search. You could also use the "Assign Token Values" activity and create the link yourself:

Then use the "Encode URL" function to encode the search syntax. That seems to work for me.

1 0

Replies

replied on July 28, 2023

I found that the encode URI function doesn't encode it properly. Are you using this feature? 

If so, I believe Workflow should already encode it for you and you should not need the  Encode URI function.

0 0
replied on July 31, 2023

Hi Michelle.  I am using the URI encoding. If I turn off that function, the resulting URL looks like this:

Even if I copy/paste the whole URL into a browser, nothing happens. 

I'm guessing that the URL I included in the original post needs a way to escape the %* in the search syntax but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do that.

 

0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on July 31, 2023

Ah I completely missed the percentage in your search. You could also use the "Assign Token Values" activity and create the link yourself:

Then use the "Encode URL" function to encode the search syntax. That seems to work for me.

1 0
replied on July 31, 2023

That worked; thanks for the work-around!

 

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.