You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Exclusive Gateway on Forms

asked on April 25, 2023 • Show version history

Hi all,

Just want to confirm if Laserfiche Forms exclusive gateway doesn't pull the latest value from a table when specifying a condition?

For example:
Go left or right.
Left - This is the default outflow path
Right - /dataset/Table/Acceptable!="Y"

 

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on April 28, 2023
0 0

Replies

replied on April 27, 2023 • Show version history

The exclusive gateway does use current variable values, but are you sure you're referencing the variable correctly? If this is a certain value of a row in a column in a table, you don't seem to be referencing the row itself, so it might not be the value you think it should be.

0 0
replied on April 28, 2023

Hi,

Thank you for your response. In regards to referencing the value correctly, I'm not sure how exactly to reference a row in the exclusive gateway outflow path's field box. It doesn't give me the option by default to reference a row. May you give an example?

Currently I am using a lookup rule to import data into a table. Then letting a user input his/her results for today's day. 

My current workaround is to have a hidden value and a workflow service task be called before the process gets to the exclusive gateway. In that workflow service task, I've created a token that gets assigned the most recently value by applying index, 1 from the end(I.E. %(Retrieve Business Process Variables name\Acceptable#[-1]#)). Then I set the token value to the hidden value through the Set Business Process Variables tool.  The workflow ends and sends it back to the current Form process's variables. I then just use the /dataset/hidden_variable ="Y" or /dataset/hidden_variable ="N" for the outflow paths. 

I'm looking forward to hearing how to not use my workaround and get the exclusive gateway to look at the most recent value in the table.

 

0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on April 28, 2023
0 0
replied on April 28, 2023

Thanks! It's still a workaround but that post answers my question, which says we can't negative index or anything. I'll try the other workaround and see if it's quicker. Thanks again!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.