You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

formula to capture year from date in different field

asked on March 1, 2023 • Show version history

Hi,

Within a LF form, I am trying to create a formula that captures the year in a date field, but minus 1 year. I will then use this minus-one-year in a different field as a lookup field for reporting years. For example, the user will select a calendar date from field_A, let's say the date they select is 3/1/2023. Then in field_B, which is hidden, the report year would be 2022. I'm thinking the formula for field_B (the report year that is the hidden field) should be simple, like  =RIGHT(field_A,4)-1  or  =YEAR(field_A)-1 , but neither work.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. 

0 0

Replies

replied on March 1, 2023

Please disregard. The simple formula  =YEAR(field_A)-1  worked. 

2 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.