You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Issue with formula in a table or collection, value is recalculate when adding another row

asked on December 12, 2022 • Show version history

The formula work well, to calculate taxes in this collection

 

using this formula

=IF(INDEX(Expenses.Tax.Yes,ROW())=TRUE,MULT(INDEX(Expenses.Net_Cost,ROW()),0.07),0.00)

but the issue if I overwrite the value in the PST field of the first collection Row, when I add  another set of collection Row or modify the Net Cost of another collection ROW,

 

the overwrite PST field , is recalculate again and change back to the initial value calculate by the formula.

 

this should not happen by adding a new row or modify a value in another row????

0 0

Replies

replied on December 12, 2022 • Show version history

This is expected behavior. When you run a lookup, it triggers the change events on the table and the change events trigger the calculations.

You should not use a calculation/formula in a field that can be overwritten by user input because the calculation can be re-triggered for many different reasons and that will overwrite the user changes.

This is especially problematic when there's an approval task because the calculation could be re-triggered during the approval task and the submitter's values would be lost.

0 0
replied on December 13, 2022

Yes I guess I should use javascript to get this working properly in the collection

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.