- User fills the Form (originalForm) with an Applicant and it's Spouse information. Later during the audit, auditor uses the similar form (auditForm) within the same form designer. Auditor selects "No" option for the "Spouse?"(Y/N radio button), which hides "Spouse info" section that has some more fields under. Then user submits the form.
- An UpdateInfo workflow runs when the form is updated/submitted. It retrieves field data from both forms and prints all those Spouse information into a word doc.
Problem with the form: A Field Rule on the form hides the Spouse section, hence it ignores the value of itself, fields under that section continue to keep their value.
I also tried following steps;
- opened the form again, changed the radio button to Yes,
- that shows the Spouse section,
- manually erased all values from each Spouse related fields,
- changed the radio button back to No,
- that hides the Spouse section again,
- then summited the form. This didn't save those fields as blank fields.
- If I open again, I find all spouse data there again, they were not actually erased and saved.
In order to prevent spouse information from printing on the word doc I decided to reviewed the workflow. I thought about adding a Conditional Decision and Assign Token to assign spouse info to new token(s) based on "Spouse(Y/N)" data, but I am not sure if I can use/assign %db.null to the token when "No" is selected, I haven't tried yet.
I don't want to see Spouse information printed if "No" is selected for "Spouse (Y/N)". How can we handle that? Inside the form or inside the workflow, if so which activity I can use?
I have admin rights, but I'm new to Laserfiche, we use version 10.4 on premises.