You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Custom HTML Button to Fill Form Fields

asked on November 16, 2022 • Show version history

Hello! I found a post that explained how to create a custom HTML button using the following HTML: 

<div style="text-align: middle;">
<input type="button" value="Report an Issue">
</div>

 

I'm wondering 2 things:

1) What can I add to center the button on the page?

2) Is it possible to add any additional code to the form to, upon clicking the button, populate a text field with a specific value? Basically I'm just wanting a fancier button to click to then cause some additional fields to appear (which I plan to handle through field rules) rather than just using a radio button or checkbox.

 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on November 17, 2022 • Show version history

Hi Dylan, I've gotten used to creating custom buttons that are tied to JS. In the button below you can see onclick="PerformSubmit()", which calls a JS function: PerformSubmit() when the button is clicked

<button style="color:white; background-color:green; border-color:gray;width:150px;height:50px;" onclick="PerformSubmit()" type="button">Process Document</button>

JS

function PerformSubmit() {
    $('.Submit').click();
};

In this case, when you click the green button the function clicks the built in Submit button which is hidden, but you could also assign a field value, open a link, or whatever else you come up with in JS

1 0
replied on November 18, 2022

Thank you very much, Steve!

This is a fantastic resource! I've got that button working exactly how I expected it to now! Sounds like I need to do some research into what all functions can be performed, as that sounds quite useful. Thank you again and have a great rest of your day, sir!

0 0

Replies

replied on November 16, 2022

For the button, try this:

<div align="center"><input type="button" value="Report an Issue"></div>

1 0
replied on November 16, 2022

Thank you Susan! That worked for the centering of the button. I'm incredibly new to HTML so I appreciate the assist!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.