You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Forms Table row sorting descending order

asked on September 7, 2022 • Show version history

Hi Community!!

Does someone here know how to sort Forms table row numbers into descending order?

see the attached sample Code & form below.

$(document).ready( function () {
  $('#q99.cf-table-tbody-tr').DataTable({
    "searching": true,
    "paging": true,
    "order": [[ 0, "desc"]],
   // "ordering" : true,
   //"columnDefa" :[{
    //  "targets" : [0,1,2],
     // "orderable" : false
    //  }]
  });

});

 

 

Thanks in advance :)

 

0 0

Replies

replied on September 7, 2022

This will not exactly answer your question but it does show how to move rows in a table up one or down one and may give you an idea on what would work for you.  https://answers.laserfiche.com/questions/113991/Table-Rows-Position

0 0
replied on September 7, 2022

Genny Maguire Thank you, I will try this.

0 0
replied on September 8, 2022

Hi Genny Maguire I try and check what you suggested but it is far from what our client need :( do you have any suggestions more closer? Thank you in advance.

0 0
replied on September 9, 2022

Sorry but I don't. 

0 0
replied on September 12, 2022 • Show version history

I have a solution to this now. It takes a couple formulas, a couple hidden fields, some CSS and some JavaScript. I'm guessing there is another way but this is what I have right now. 

First I created a number field in the table that I would use the Field Rules to hide. I named this field 'Hidden_Row' and I set it's default value to 1. I named my table 'The_Table', so you will need to change where it's used in the following formulas to the name of your table.

Then I created a number field outside of the table that will also be hidden using Field Rules and gave it the following formula. I named this field 'Table_Row_Count'

=SUM(The_Table.Hidden_Row)+1

I could not get it to work with the actual row label so I used CSS and JavaScript to make a fake label out of the first column in the table.  I gave this column the class name of 'fakeLabel'. I gave it the following formula.

=Table_Row_Count-ROW()

The CSS

.fakeLabel input {background-color: #ffffff !important;border: 0px solid; font-weight: bold;text-align:right;}

The JavaSript

$(document).ready (function () {
 
  /* setting the fakeLabel as readonly here so that it keeps the value set by the formula */
  $('.fakeLabel input').attr('readonly', true); 
  
  /* add read only to new rows in a table */	
  $('.cf-table-add-row').on('click',function(){
    $('.fakeLabel input').attr('readonly', true);
  }); 

}); /* END: $(document).ready  */

 

 

 

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.