You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Is it possible to view .docx files in the web client DocView?

asked on August 25, 2022 • Show version history

I uploaded a Word document with extension '.docx'.

When I try to view the document via the web client, the following prompt is displayed:

"No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'String' from content with media type 'text/html'."

I understand that if I wish to edit this document, I would have to download it, make changes and then reupload it. But if I wish to simply view it, can I do so in the web client or would I also have to also download it?

 

Laserfiche Web Client
10.4 (10.4.0.309)
Laserfiche Repository Access
10.4.0.35
0 0

Replies

replied on August 25, 2022

My guess is that there's another error occurring that is causing an internal call to return a text/html error page rather than a json response, and this is a result of that. There should be more information in the event viewer about the underlying error.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.