You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

V11 Look up rules option for tables missing?

asked on August 10, 2022 • Show version history

Hi all,

New user here, 

I am on V11 and am trying to find Lookup Rules after inserting a table. On the older designer there is that option however on V11 this seems to be missing. Where can I find the Lookup Rules for tables?

 

Thanks

 

0 0

Replies

replied on August 11, 2022

Hi Shan,

 

In the new forms designer, the lookup rule is now a tab on the right hand pane when configuring the field.

 

Hope this helps!

Chris

1 0
replied on August 11, 2022

Hi Chris,

 

Thanks for your help,

 

Sorry I must be missing it, but I can't see any such tab on the right, for other fields it has a lookup rules option however for tables it just has a field rule. See below.

 

0 0
replied on August 12, 2022

Good Morning Shan,

 

Can you double check you're using Forms professional and not forms essentials? Top right>About should do the trick.

You only get DB lookup with forms professional.

 

It should look like this:-

 

Cheers!

Chris

0 0
replied on August 14, 2022

Thanks for taking the time too have a look Chris, good to know that it is there , but there's definitely something wrong with my version or access .

 

I am using the professional forms 

 

0 0
replied on August 16, 2022

Hi Shan,

 

I notice you're using a table, what if you drag a single line field onto the canvas, do you see the lookup option then?

 

I'm fairly certain you only get the lookup options in a column within a table, not on the table itself, that might also explain why it's missing in your screenshot.

 

Cheers!

Chris

0 0
replied on August 18, 2022

Hi Chris, 

 

Thanks, yes that is the way I have been doing it, I wanted to make sure that was the correct way as in the classic version you could just add directly to the table.

 

It works so I guess this is the way.

 

Thanks!

Shan

 

0 0
replied on August 19, 2022

Cool yes

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.