You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Can I Schedule A Workflow to Run Annually?

asked on July 21, 2022

I know that workflows can run Month, Daily, Hourly, Etc. but I haven't seen an option for it to run every year.  Does anyone know how I can set this up?  This is a workflow that I want to run every year with no expiration date. 

1 0

Answers

APPROVED ANSWER
replied on July 21, 2022

I think it should work if you choose Monthly, then only set it to run in one particular month.

For example, the following schedule should run the 1st of January every year.

5 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on August 3

I can confirm.  This works!

1 0

Replies

replied on July 21, 2022

Thanks!!! This is very helpful!!

0 0
replied on August 3

Did this work to rerun every year? I'm a little concerned it won't work as expected since the 're-run the workflow every...' check box is not checked. Thanks! fingers crossed :)

0 0
replied on August 3

"re-run every..." is meant for additional runs calculated off the start time. The pattern specified under "repeats" is what determines the start time. 

For ex, in the screenshot above, the scheduled will start on every Jan 1 after 7/21/2022 12:36 PM. So, 1/1/2023 12:36 PM, 1/1/2024 12:36 PM, 1/1/2025 12:36 PM, etc.

if you wanted it to do 4 loops 15 min apart on each start, you'd specify a re-run pattern of 15 min for an hour and it would start on 1/1/2023 12:36 PM, then do another run on 1/1/2023 12:51PM, 1/1/2023 1:06PM, 1/1/2026 1:21PM. Then it would run again on 1/1/2024 12:36PM, 1/1/2024 12:51PM, etc.

2 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on August 3

I can confirm.  This works!

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.