You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Workflow feature request: Ability to filter workflows on the Rule Manager tab's view of all workflows

asked on July 6, 2022 • Show version history

I've been playing around with the Search Rules view on the Rule Manager tab and discovered that it is only helpful if I'm trying to find a workflow that currently has one or more rules set up.  What if I want to easily filter my workflows by a wildcard word; i.e., all workflows that have the word "move" in them, regardless of whether they have rules set up?

One thought is just to add a "filter" box at the top of the Workflows tab so I can enter a word and then see a view of my workflows, filtered by that word. 

Thanks for the consideration and any feedback you might have.

Example:

3 0

Replies

replied on July 7, 2022

Hi Mike-

Not sure if it will help, but the View Workflow button has a pretty good search/filter box. Don't let the verbiage fool you, in this case "view" means "open in the WF Designer".

But also, I agree that it would be nice to have that as an option within the Rule Manager so that you can see and update starting rules from the results.

 

1 0
replied on July 12, 2022

Hi Pieter,

I actually have never used that option to open my workflow files; I always go through the rule manager tab.  That way I can check the rules before opening the workflow to work on it.  I appreciate the suggestion and will probably start using that dialog to look for the workflow that I want to edit, but I do think having a filter that is functionally similar to the one in that dialog built into the Rule Manager window would be extremely useful.

 

2 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.