Might be a dumb question...Does IA Import Folders or just documents?
Thanks,
Jeff
Might be a dumb question...Does IA Import Folders or just documents?
Thanks,
Jeff
Just documents. Laserfiche cannot import a "folder" in the traditional sense. However, Import Agent can import documents in subfolders of a monitored directory, and you can use portions of the original path to construct the destination path in Laserfiche.
For example, if I have a file in a network share with path:
\\share\ImportAgentMonitoredCasesFolder\Case123\Reports\JuneMonthlyReport.pdf
And I have my Import Agent profile configured to import all docs in the monitored folder and its subfolders, I can easily use the path tokens to construct a similar repo path and import the doc to:
MyRepository\Cases\Case123\Reports\JuneMonthlyReport.pdf
Etc.
Thanks Sam
We just set this up for a customer and it works like a charm. Very easy setup too. All you need to do is make sure the 'Retrieve files from subfolders' checkbox is enabled on the General tab, and then add a single '%Subfolders' token to the end of the Folder path field on the Properties tab.