You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Discussion

Discussion

Feature Request: Forms Reporting Multi-Level Drilldown/Date Filtering

posted on January 27, 2022 • Show version history

Hello,

Something I've always struggled with in Forms Reports is trying to set up reports that have multiple levels of grouping; more often that not it is a tradeoff between one thing or another to get as close as possible.

For example, I have a process that is divided up by location, and with the current options I can group by Date or Location, but not both.

I've mentioned before that date filtering would be a fantastic and sorely-needed addition for effective reports so I could allow our managers and supervisors to look at data for a specific date or date range without having to generate a bunch of snapshots.

In addition to that, adding the option for multi-level drilldowns would be a great supplement/alternative to that kind of feature.

For example, I could have the initial report group all activity by Date so the user could select the date they want to review (while on the subject, the ability to set a default sort column/order would be amazing too).

Next, instead of getting a full instance breakdown, they could be taken to a second summarized table grouped by location before getting to the final drilldown with all of the filtered instances.

It's possible that a more accurate description for this would be "Group By, Then By" but from a user perspective it would look essentially the same as a drilldown except there would be more "levels" before the see the full list of instance data.

2 0
replied on February 27, 2022

We've received similar feature request of supporting multiple groups for report before, I added this answers post as a reference in the existing feature request in the internal system. 

0 0
replied on January 27, 2022

@████████, this is a good feature request. I asked around internally if people thought it would be useful and got this feedback:

Yes, this is almost a standard feature in every reporting tool. Although it's not the only feature that Forms reporting is missing, having this commonly used feature will make users less dependent on third-party reporting tools.

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.