You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Can we import OneNote file into Laserfiche Repository?

asked on September 15, 2021 • Show version history

Hi,

Can we import OneNote file with embedded PDFs, emails, text into Laserfiche Repository?

In OneNote:
- we have a lot of folders
- each folder has a lot of documents
- each document has embedded PDFs, emails and text

Is there a way to drag a folder in OneNote into Laserfiche repository so that all the documents (including the embedded PDFs, emails and text) in that folder are copied into the Laserfiche repository?

I saw an entry in LF Answers dated January 29th, 2015 that there is no OneNote plugin yet.  Is there a OneNote plugin now?  

Thank you in advance for your help,
Teng

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on September 17, 2021

No, we don't have any special handling to render OneNote within the web or Windows client.

0 0

Replies

replied on September 16, 2021

There is no plug-in to integrate with One Note, it doesn't follow the plug-in model that the supported Office applications (Word, etc) do.

There's no reason you can't import a OneNote file into your repository, since Laserfiche supports all file types. But without an application-specific integration, you get the generic experience. So a download/edit/upload cycle for working with the document through the web client.

0 0
replied on September 17, 2021

Hi,

I am able to export the file from OneNote and save the exported file to my c: drive.  Then I drag and drop the exported file on the c: drive to Laserfiche.  When I double click the exported file in Laserfiche, it opens in OneNote.  This is not what I want.  I want the each page in a section to show up as separate document in Laserfiche, and if the page has PDF, I want the PDF to show up as separate document in Laserfiche.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

Teng

0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on September 17, 2021

No, we don't have any special handling to render OneNote within the web or Windows client.

0 0
replied on September 17, 2021

Hi Brian:

Thank you for the information.

Regards, Teng

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.