You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Workflow Query Data Activity Returns Wrong Token Values

asked on September 3, 2021

I am using the Query Data activity to query a table with the parameters for a specific academic year  and userID. (2021 - 2022 would be denoted ad 2122)  (Parameter examples: "2122", "123")

When i check the "resultsfound" token in workflow for this activity, the value is "true" even when a record does not exist in the table. The token should have the value "false"

If I query the table directly through SQL, no records are returned. This is correct.

This is messing up my entire workflow because the token is getting the wrong value.

I have triple checked to make sure that the parameters and table being used are correct for both the activity and sql statements.

Any tips?

 

0 0

Replies

replied on September 3, 2021 • Show version history

If you look in the instance details, you should see how many rows it found in the Messages tab.

You could also use a tool like SQL Profiler to see what exactly was the query looked like.

1 0
replied on September 7, 2021

Zero is a result. So the boolean results found is not reliable. I use result count instead.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.