You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Forms Tables: Is there an event that fires after a new row is fully in place

asked on May 9, 2021

My goal is to calculate a default value for one of the fields in a Forms table every time a new row is added. This will be simple if there is an Javascript event that fires after the new row has been added. This would be sort of like

$(document).ready()

 except that it would be for a new table row instead of for the initial load of the page.

I would also love to hear from anyone who knows a better way to do this.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on May 10, 2021 • Show version history

If you're using the conventional table layout with the "Add" text button then you can use the following JavaScript code.

$( document ).ready(function() {
$("#q20").on('click', function(event){
  alert( "Table row added." );
});
});

 

In your code, change #q20 to reference the ID of your Add button. See the screenshot below for where to find it:

1 0

Replies

replied on May 10, 2021

It works! I thought of putting an event handler on click of the "Add" link but I "knew" it couldn't work because I thought my code would run before the line was created.

It's not the first time I've "known" something that didn't end up being true. Thanks for your reply and I hope it helps someone else.

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.