You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Default Date

asked on April 9, 2021 • Show version history

Hi,

So laserfiche save empty dates as 1900-01-01,

I have date lookups that pulls dates from the database and I want empty dates to be empty, how can I write a JavaScript code that will hide the date but not the field every time the lookup date is 1900.

$('.dateHide input').on('blur'); 
  function IdValidity() {
  	if ($('.dateHide  input').val()=='1900-01-01')
     {
       $('.dateHide input').hide();
     }
     else {$('.dateHide input').show();}
   }

Thanks.

0 0

Replies

replied on April 9, 2021

I think that you want to use logic something like if input = "1/1/1900" then input = ""

So you clear the input rather than try to hide the field.

0 0
replied on April 11, 2021

HI,

 

The screenshot attached is a column in my SQL table, every time someone submits a form without POP date by default it saves "1900/01/01" even though I am expecting it to be null. It becomes a problem when another task that looks up from that table populates the fields with that default "1900/01/01". I am not sure if that makes sense. Or is there a way I can tell a workflow that saves data in the DB to say if date was empty then save null in database.

0 0
replied on April 12, 2021

This is a SQL behavior (not Laserfiche related) when you create a date field that is "NOT NULL".  Change the table to allow the date field to be null or create a view that when the POP_Date = 1900-01-01 returns NULL and query the view instead of the table.

1 0
replied on April 12, 2021

Thank you, this answered my question.

0 0
replied on April 9, 2021

Laserfiche does not save empty dates as "1900-01-01".

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.