You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

How to Insert Variable as footer in Laserfiche Forms

asked on March 31, 2021 • Show version history

Dear All

We are having Laserfiche forms professional 10.4 we are developing new forms , and We would like to use the footer when save to repository the footer has to be variable , which is in the form , I am very new java script and with the help of laserfiche answers I found the solution as to use the java script as
 

$(document).ready( function ()  {
     $('<footer style="position: fixed; bottom: 0"><p>ENTER YOUR TEXT</p></footer>').insertAfter($('.cf-formwrap'));
});

But in here  i need to put variable value , I created custom html , i put the variable in custom html and given the class as test and  use the code 

$(document).ready( function ()  {
     $('<footer style="position: fixed; bottom: 0"><p>($('.test').text());</p></footer>').insertAfter($('.cf-formwrap'));
});

but unfortunately the values are not showing, in the custom html the values are showing but not in footer ,am I missing something or  am I totally wrong . or I can bring the variable using ($('.#q123').val()); but that also not working 

Thanks in advance 

0 0

Replies

replied on March 31, 2021

Your line 2 has some syntax errors.

First, we want the item with the cf-field class from within the item with the test class.

  • On a live form you would refererence the input/select/textarea element and it's value, like this:
    • $('.test input').val()
  • But on the archive/read-only form you would instead reference the cf-field class and it's text, like this:
    • $('.test .cf-field').text()

 

Second, you are trying to concatenate 3 strings without the proper closure of quotes and the concatenate function (Javascript uses the + character for concatenate).  Here's the 3 strings we need:

  1. '<footer style="position: fixed; bottom: 0"><p>'
  2. $('.test .cf-field').text()
  3. '</p></footer>'

 

Put it all together and it looks like this: 

$('<footer style="position: fixed; bottom: 0"><p>' + $('.test .cf-field').text() + '</p></footer>').insertAfter('.cf-formwrap');

 

Of course, you may want to play around with the appearance a little bit, because it comes out like this for me:

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.