You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Quick Fields and Template List Field

asked on March 17, 2021 • Show version history

We have researched this problem without success.  Hopefully someone will have a solution or will confirm it cannot be done.

Quick Fields works with all the fields in our template except for a list field.  We can capture the data, but have not been able to enter it.

Example - Scan captures JT 370000 - DEP, but we cannot match or enter it in the CFO Receipt Type.

 

 

List field in the repository template

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on March 25, 2021

Just an FYI that the dash was the culprit.  I removed it to simplify the process.

0 0

Replies

replied on March 17, 2021

How do you get the value? Can you show a screenshot of the value in the information pane?

I would guess that most likely you get extra spaces or a different type of dash ("-") which causes the value not to match the list. It looks like the values in the list are also using different types of dashes from one value to the next.

1 0
replied on March 17, 2021

Thank you for the quick response. 

I have tried different ways to grab the value.  Pattern Matching, OminiPage OCR and, currently, OmniPage Zone OCR

I suspected the dash too and tried to ensure it was the same without luck.  I just tried a test without the dash and it seems to work.

Unfortunately I inherited a repository with migrated documents which use the dash.  And the plan is to move forward with scanning thus the QF setup.

Processing Information.

0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on March 25, 2021

Just an FYI that the dash was the culprit.  I removed it to simplify the process.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.