You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Access Denied Error Migrating Volumes Despite Full Permissions

asked on March 16, 2021 • Show version history

I've got some documents that I have been trying to migrate to a different volume.  I keep getting Access Denied [9013] errors with both my own user and the Workflow user.

I've confirmed both users have all permissions, so I can't figure out why the permission error is occurring.

Laserfiche Server Version 10.2.0
Windows Client Version 10.2.0.839
Workflow Version 10.4.2.246

Edit to Add: this doesn't appear to be all documents - I tried on something else (document created today) and was able to change the volume without issue.  The ones I've identified that are giving me trouble are all from a specific volume that came in from a merger - but I can't see anything different about those documents or that volume that explains the inability to migrate them.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on March 16, 2021

Maybe that volume was set up with some volume-specific security?

2 0
replied on March 16, 2021

Well...

I feel sheepish...

That is pretty embarrassing that I didn't catch that...

The volume I was moving to was just simple on the security (Everyone group had everything), and I didn't think to check the volume I was moving from (only had the Read permission assigned to the Everyone group, and nothing else).

After tweaking permissions, I was able to successfully migrate the documents.

0 0
replied on March 16, 2021

Glad that worked! And don't worry, it happens to the best of us, especially when we inherit something that was done ages ago with less-than-ideal configuration.

1 0
replied on March 16, 2021

Yeah, that's the boat I'm finding myself in - trying to clean up some really messy volumes.

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.