I spent the last year becoming The Laserfiche Guy in my organization and I find myself getting more and more change requests. Some of these requests require approvals. I just finished setting up a Forms Process, Process Change Request, which I think will streamline things.
- The Process Change Request Forms Process (xml download provided)
- An External Lookup Table to store approver data and process IDs for applicable processes
Extra Parts Improve streamlining
- Links to the Process Change Request Form from other forms
Importing the Process (Core Parts)
You can use the attached Forms BP - Process Change Request.xml to upload the Business Process to Forms. When you do this, it'll fail to match the dependent data sources and the import wizard will ask you which servers/databases/users/tables to use. The expected external data are:
1. APPROVER - this table has: Process Names, Process IDs, Approvers
2. USERNAME (optional) - We use this to lookup a username from an email, improves reliability of task assignments
Improving Streamlining (Extra Parts)
You can link to your form from other processes, making it easier for users to submit change requests.
I like to supply URL query parameters for streamlining and ensuring I know exactly the details I need to (like what field name they need changed)
[Forms Server]\Program Files\Laserfiche\Laserfiche Forms\Forms\js\custom
Or wherever, but you'll need to update the <script src="..."> path to reflect your change.
P.S. answers.laserfiche doesn't permit .xml or .js extensions, so strip off those fake .txt ones I put on there.