You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Tasks Reassignment Email Includes Users Long Since Deleted from Team

asked on February 12, 2021 • Show version history

I just encountered this issue, haven't seen it before, and thought it may be a bug.

I had a task assigned to several members of a team, waiting for one of them to claim it (assigned by a rule in the process to give to users in the team that have a certain role, so it was about half the members of that team).  I was notified one of those users had quit, so to just remove that user out of the loop, I deleted her from the team, and then reassigned the task back to the entire team.

I was then notified by a coworker that they'd received an email about the reassignment, and they were surprised because they haven't been part of that team for a couple years.

Looking at the email header, it shows that it was sent to what appears to be every user's email address that had ever been part of that team - many of them deleted - many of them no longer employed.

Even I received the notification, and I'm a team admin, not a team member.

I don't think I've seen this before - but I also usually reassign tasks by user, not by team - so maybe it always happens with team reassignments and I just never noticed.

Has anyone else ever enountered this issue?  Is this a known bug?

Currently we're on LFForms 10.2.0.834 and upgrading isn't really in the cards right now.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on February 19, 2021

Hi Matthew,

This is a known bug in Forms 10.2.0, and fixed in Forms 10.4.1.

  • In certain situations, Forms would continue to send notification emails that a task has been reassigned to a user who has been removed from a team. The issue is now resolved. (160338)
1 0
replied on February 19, 2021

Awesome!  Just one more reason I need to hound my boss about upgrades wink.  Thank you for the response @████████.

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.