You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

How to have Workflow group contracts together in increments of 500

asked on December 17, 2020 • Show version history

Hello,

I had a customer request something today that I haven't really done before. They have documents from which we capture a contract number, and we have a folder for each contract number in which different documentation for that contract resides. 

Right now, the folder structure looks like this: \Contracts\%ContractType\%ContractNumber\ . What they'd like to do is add a folder level that groups contracts together in increments of 500. So, say we have contracts with contract numbers of 1075 and 1360 - those would get routed to a \Contracts\%ContractType\1000-1499\%ContactNumber\ folder. 

I'm not sure how I'd go about setting this up in Workflow in a way that would be able to handle any contract number that comes into Laserfiche. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

0 0

Replies

replied on December 18, 2020

You could add a conditional decision with lanes for each folder group. . .If %ContractNumber is between 1000-1499. . .then create the save to folder based of each conditional response for each group of 500.  This is a pretty simple fix, but would work.  I'm not sure how to iterate the folder in groups of 500 automatically.

0 0
replied on December 18, 2020

Hi Bryan,

That's what I was going with to start, but I think I ended up with a method of doing this "dynamically."

First, I have Workflow grab the digit in the hundreds position of the contract number - there's a conditional decision on whether that number is less than 5 or greater than or equal to 5. I also grab the digits that come before the digit in the hundreds position. Then, my conditional decision either sends the contract to a \%DigitsBeforeHundredsPosition000-%DigitsBeforeHundredsPosition499\ folder or a \%DigitsBeforeHundredsPosition500-%DigitsBeforeHundredsPosition999\ based on the digit in the hundreds position.

Probably a simpler way to do it, but that's what I ended up with after working through each part. 

3 0
replied on January 13, 2021

I so something similar - grouping by 1,000's.  Here's how I do it:

  1. Token Calculator - AcctNumRange-Part1:  %(AcctNum) / 1000.
  2. Assign Token Values - AcctNumRange-Part2: %(TokenCalculator_AcctNumRange-Part1#<\d\d?\d?\d?\d?\d?\d?>#)
  3. Assign Token Values - AcctNumRange-Part3: %(AcctNumRange-Part2#"D3"#)000
  4. Assign Token Values - AcctNumRange-Part4: %(AcctNumRange-Part2#"D3"#)999
  5. Assign Token Values - AcctNumRange-Final: %(AcctNumRange-Part3)-%(AcctNumRange-Part4)

For example, if %(AcctNum) = 12345, then %(AcctNumRange-Final) will end up being 012000-012999, and I can combine those to create a path that says something like this: Accounts\012000-012999\12345\

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.