You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

URL in email service task break link on spaces in Dynamic fields

asked on October 22, 2020 • Show version history

We have the following logic in the body of an email service task: 

{/dataset/EnvironmentBaseURL}Forms/SupervisorReview?Report___={/dataset/Report___}&Approver_s_Name_={/dataset/Supervisor_s_First_Name_}%20{/dataset/Supervisor_s_Last_Name_}&Employee_s_Name_={/dataset/Injured_Employee_s_Name_First}%20{/dataset/Injured_Employee_s_Name_Last}&ID={/dataset/_instance_id}

 

The problem is that if there is a Title or other space (for example SGT Frank) in the first name, or last name (example Castle Sr) , the entire URL brakes.  I have looked at adding a regular expression or try to url encode the entire string, but I am losing the dynamic vars. 

 

Any thoughts or assistance is much appreciated.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on October 23, 2020

So I was able to address this by going into the HTML view of the Email Body and embed the entire set of vars in an Href tag, then provide a display name like so:

 

<a href>{/dataset/EnvironmentBaseURL}Forms/SupervisorReview?Report___={/dataset/Report___}&Approver_s_Name_={/dataset/Supervisor_s_First_Name_}%20{/dataset/Supervisor_s_Last_Name_}&Employee_s_Name_={/dataset/Injured_Employee_s_Name_First}%20{/dataset/Injured_Employee_s_Name_Last}&ID={/dataset/_instance_id}> Continue Approval Process </a> 

0 0

Replies

replied on October 22, 2020

What I might do is build the url encoded path via JS and then save that into a single form field, and use that in the email task. Another alternative approach could be send the email via a workflow task where you can easily URL encode each parameter there.  Hope this helps!

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.