You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Using GUID as URL Parameters

asked on October 16, 2020

I am attempting to test out a solution for an  public survey/application process that may require changes to the form. I was directed through a Laserfiche employee on the “Answers” Forum to try passing the form field values a URL parameters with the use of GUID and a table. I have the workflow setup to store the simple 4 values into the table I also create a field on the form called “GUID” and set it by default to be the instance ID.

 

Everything seemed to work as expected except I cannot get the URL parameters to fill the expected fields with the value I set. I even have tried manually inputting the value for the GUID field. I have screenshots below to showcase what I am seeing.

 

I also attempted the URL parameter route with the Contact Name field and still did not get the field filled with the value I set in the URL..

 

Any help is appreciated.

 

Manual attempt at assigning the GUID field

 

Manual Attempt with another field (Contact Person Name)

0 0

Replies

replied on October 16, 2020 • Show version history

Unfortunately you cannot pass values into collections or tables at this time.

See this portion of the  help file under "Is it possible to pre-fill the fields on a form by passing in URL parameters?" for more information.

Also, it looks as if the GUID is a read only field. Read only fields cannot be filled in by passing values through the URL.

3 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.