You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

editing a pdf using laserfiche forms

asked on September 29, 2020

I am trying to submit created a forms process in which an employee will upload a pdf document, and then that document will be sent to someone that will be able to edit the pdf and make appropriate changes. Is there a way to allow for the pdf that is being submitted by the user to be editable? 

0 0

Replies

replied on September 30, 2020 • Show version history

To be clear, the PDF that is uploaded needs to be editable later on? Do you mean the PDF will have fillable fields? 

Unless I am missing something, as long as the PDF that is uploaded does not have any restrictive security on it AND the user has a full version of Acrobat - you should be fine. If you need the PDF to have fillable fields, then that would have to exist before upload too.

I don't believe there is anything that Forms of Workflow needs to do or change. It all depends on the file that is initially uploaded.

Can you expand on your use case? I am suspicious that I am oversimplifying it. 

Thanks

2 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.