You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Form copy doesn't save variables

asked on July 18, 2020 • Show version history

I've been trying to work with copies of forms, so that I don't have to make field changes to the form while it's in use.  The problem is, my copies never save the variables.  Even an exact copy, only saves a few of the variables.  Any ideas?  Here's a breakdown of what I do with an exact copy, where the variables will not save.

 

Main Form - Monitor instance, all variables are properly saved.

Copy Main Form - Change Message Start Event to use this new form (exact copy other than name)

Copy of Main From - Monitor instance - many variables are not saved.

0 0

Replies

replied on September 25, 2020

I am having the same issue. I created a form for a department that has many standard fields that our Providers require. Once the form was completed and published. I copied that form to use it as my template for the other provider forms that need most of those same fields. But now when I click on the variable tab 'For the copied form' It's missing two of the key variables I'm needing. I've tried re-creating those two fields on the form, the variables show up on the form, but not in the Variables Tab or in the service task pane.

This was a a big form and I am not relishing the idea of re-creating it from scratch. :(

0 0
replied on September 25, 2020

Forms Version 10.4

0 0
replied on September 25, 2020

I figured out what was happening on my form. The fields who's variables were not getting copied were contained in a collection. Once I moved them out the collection it created a new variable. Whew! Glad I don't have to start over!!!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.