You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Laserfiche Forms: creating boxes for initials with text

asked on June 1, 2020

Does anyone know how to create boxes for initials with text.  I have about 10 lines that will need users to initial on each line item.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on June 2, 2020

You can accomplish this by using a table and having the text be the row label:

As far as I know it's not possible to have the row label on the right side (and then initials on left).

 

0 0

Replies

replied on June 2, 2020

Does a single-line field not work?

0 0
replied on June 2, 2020 • Show version history

the box will be on the right.  what the users want is the boxes for initials listed along to the left hand side..... I was thinking a single line and then HTML text for the verbiage??? but then that will require a lot of CSS coding to moving things around.

 

0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on June 2, 2020

You can accomplish this by using a table and having the text be the row label:

As far as I know it's not possible to have the row label on the right side (and then initials on left).

 

0 0
replied on June 2, 2020

thank you. this works!

1 0
replied on January 25, 2023 • Show version history

I know this question has already been answered. But another possible solution, for those that want the initial field to be at the front, is to use CSS Flexbox on a Single Line field.

I created a class and added it to each field, then applied the following CSS:

.initials {display: flex; flex-direction: row-reverse;}

You'll have to fiddle with the CSS on the .cf-field elements to get the textbox to the width you want. I set Field Width to X-Large, then used the following CSS on the .cf-field elements.  But you can do what you like. FYI: There's a min-width set by default, so I needed to remove that. You could also set it to a number value, like 0px or whatever.

.initials .cf-field {min-width: unset; width: 50px; margin-right: 5px;}

Resulting in the following:

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.