You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Trigger a look up rule using Javascript

asked on February 17, 2020

I am doing some calculations on form submit and populating some fields. I have lookup rules based on those fields. Is it possible to trigger look up rules in java script, so that fields get populated on form submit?

 

Thanks

Priya

0 0

Replies

replied on February 17, 2020 • Show version history

After you apply the input value, call the "input.change()" to trigger it's onchange event.

See Formula not triggered by field populated with javascript

0 0
replied on February 19, 2020

Thanks

0 0
replied on December 17, 2024

In Laserfiche Forms (we use LF Forms 11), I noticed that read-only fields do not trigger lookup rules. I have a read-only field that I would need to trigger a lookup rule and it doesn't, however, as soon as I uncheck the read-only checkbox it starts working.

 

Is there a way to make a lookup rule work with read-only fields ? My use case here is I need users to enter a customer first and last name (as 2 separate text fields) and this would dynamically build a read-only field for the customer full name (as "Firstname Lastname"). I need to check if this full name already exists in a customer table to avoid duplicates.

 

I do have a workaround which is to make the "Full Name" field read-write but hidden, however I would prefer to be able to show it in the form.

 

Thank you !

You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.