You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

DateDif in Workflow Stopped working after upgrade from 10.3 to 10.4.2

asked on January 15, 2020 • Show version history

We updated from 10.3 to 10.4.2 across the board yesterday.

 

The DATEDIF function in workflow token calculator has stopped working. Or at least it changed and i can't figure it out.

 

I hit ok, it gives me a correct value of 10971

 

I run the workflow, and it errors out.  Here is my test value, the exact same thing i entered into the test field in the calculator, I have it set as a date.

 

1/15/2020 11:52:58 AMToken CalculatorInvalid Date Value:  Function: DATEDIF Expression: DATEDIF(%(testdate#"MM-dd-yyyy"#),TODAY(), "D") Message: 1/1/1990

 

Removing the MM-dd-yyyy formatting or wrapping the arguments in quotes did nothing. I've tried using the DATE(1990,01,01) as well as doing the full DATE(YEAR(),MONTH(),DATE()) syntax, i've also had it calculate a date by doing minus 10000 days from today, which works, and then put that in as my date1 token and it errors out saying it's an invalid date. I can't think of any other variations to test. In the past i feel like it's always worked with just about any format.

 

Any ideas? i've switched my processes to use c# scripts to calculate date differences but it's much faster and more convenient to build processes with the native token calculator.

edit: ignore the yyy typo in the formatting, that doesn't make a difference when fixed.

0 0

Replies

replied on April 30, 2020

I am getting the same error which is causing a Forms process to crash. We transitioned to 10.4.2 as well and I confirmed that instances prior to our upgrade date processed as expected while the ones after the upgrade failed.

1 0
replied on May 1, 2020

Are you up to date on patches? The latest for 10.4.2 is KB 1014131. It includes the previous one which fixed the issue you describe.

2 0
replied on May 1, 2020

Thanks for this information Miruna. I will review with our Laserfiche Administrator. This will likely solve the issue for us.

0 0
replied on January 15, 2020

What error do you get?

0 0
replied on January 15, 2020

The error message is in the post

 

1/15/2020 11:52:58 AMToken CalculatorInvalid Date Value:  Function: DATEDIF Expression: DATEDIF(%(testdate#"MM-dd-yyyy"#),TODAY(), "D") Message: 1/1/1990

 

I guess it technically isn't an error. But it's a warning, and the value of the token is blank. This is in production

 

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.