You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Forms- Save to repository as PDF Task

asked on June 28, 2019

Hello,

We have a customer who has a form set to save to the Repository as a PDF.  Forms runs, but when they open the PDF the can see the PDF, but in the document view it shows-This document contains no pages.

 

I believe there has to be a setting that would generates Pages when the PDF is saved the the Repository, but I do not see anything in the Forms Design section.

 

Appreciate any help/pointers,

Jeff Curtis

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on June 28, 2019 • Show version history

You might want to save them as TIFF, since it is an industry standard format and allows for all annotations, page features, etc in LF. Creating a PDF from a TIFF is easier than creating a TIFF from a PDF, just use the export options.

TIFFs just require more storage space.

But yes, only the client allows for creating a TIFF from a PDF that I know of, its called Generate Pages.

1 0

Replies

replied on June 28, 2019

I believe forms will save as either a TIFF or PDF, but not both (what I call a combo doc where 2 documents are represented by 1). You must use the LF Client to do this, but I do not recommend it, since with a combo doc, someone could make changes to 1 and someone else opening the other would not see those changes.

Best to have every entry represent only a single document.

2 0
replied on June 28, 2019

Hey Chad,

 

Thanks!!

 

If they want to view them as TIFF's then they will need to manually generate pages, correct?

 

Jeff Curtis

0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on June 28, 2019 • Show version history

You might want to save them as TIFF, since it is an industry standard format and allows for all annotations, page features, etc in LF. Creating a PDF from a TIFF is easier than creating a TIFF from a PDF, just use the export options.

TIFFs just require more storage space.

But yes, only the client allows for creating a TIFF from a PDF that I know of, its called Generate Pages.

1 0
replied on June 28, 2019

Hey Chad,

 

Thanks!!!

 

That is what I thought.

 

Jeff

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.