You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Perform different calculation on each row of collection

asked on April 4, 2019 • Show version history

Is there a way to perform a lookup for each row in a collection separately? For example:

Row 1   User enters ID#, lookup fills Name

Row 2   User enters another ID#, lookup fills that Name

 

Currently, it is appending the new lookup to the previous one for all rows. So it looks like this:

Row 1    ID#1   Name1

Add Row 2 info

Row1     ID#1   Name1, Name2

Row2     ID#2   Name1, Name2

0 0

Replies

replied on April 4, 2019

Was able to achieve by using field calculation =INDEX(fieldName, ROW())

1 0
replied on April 4, 2019

How is your lookup configured? Or are you talking about Functions/Calculations?

If you set a lookup condition based on the value in another field from the collection, it will only populate the paired field(s) unless you have the "as new sets/rows" option checked.

For example,

  • I have a collection with Field A and Field B
  • The Lookup rule is set to fill Field B when a match is found for Field A

 

On the form, I add three groups to the collection

  • When I populate Field A - 1, the lookup populates Field B - 1 only
  • When I populate FIeld A - 2, the lookup populates FIeld B - 2 only
  • and so on
0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.