You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

How Can I Get a Field to Calculate by Row?

asked on February 13, 2019 • Show version history

I am trying to get my Day Total to only calculate the totals for that day and is it possible to limit the day to $60.00?

The Name of the fields are BreakfastItems, LunchItems and DinnerItems.  

 

My code for the DayTotal is in the Day Total Formula.JPG.

Thank you!

 

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on February 14, 2019 • Show version history

Sorry, just noticed you were using currency fields. Currency fields don't support maximums directly from Forms, so you have to add 1 line of JS referenced here.

Instead of using document ready, you should trigger the JS whenever a table field changes so make sure it applies to each row. 

If you use a number field as the last column, you can set it to have a maximum value from the field configuration without using JS. 

0 0

Replies

replied on February 13, 2019 • Show version history

Use the Index() and Row() functions. 

=SUM( INDEX(Table.Col1,ROW()) , INDEX(Table.Col2,ROW()) , INDEX(Table.Col3,ROW()) )

INDEX takes in (column, row() ) which will give you the value at that column on the given row. 

Using your variables, it should be something like

=SUM(INDEX(Meals.BreakfastItems,ROW()) , INDEX(Meals.LunchItems,ROW()) , INDEX(Meals.DinnerItems,ROW()))

1 0
replied on February 13, 2019

I tried to put the formula in there, but I am not sure exactly how to use it.  

 

Thank you for the help.

0 0
replied on February 13, 2019

Don't use Day(), keep Row(), that's a function name so shouldn't be updated. 

1 0
replied on February 13, 2019

Hi Jared, 

That worked!  I appreciate the help.

Do you know how I could get a field to error out on a value higher than $60?

Thanks again!

1 0
replied on February 13, 2019

Go to the Basic tab and try to set a maximum of $60. That should show a generic error. You can also go to the custom errors tab if you want to put your own error message in there. 

0 0
replied on February 14, 2019

I tried that.  It doesn't work.  

When I go to the Error Messages tab and try to create one, the Field doesn't come up as an option to select.

Thank you!

0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on February 14, 2019 • Show version history

Sorry, just noticed you were using currency fields. Currency fields don't support maximums directly from Forms, so you have to add 1 line of JS referenced here.

Instead of using document ready, you should trigger the JS whenever a table field changes so make sure it applies to each row. 

If you use a number field as the last column, you can set it to have a maximum value from the field configuration without using JS. 

0 0
replied on February 14, 2019

Hi Jared,

How do I trigger the whenever a table field changes?

Thank you!

 

0 0
replied on February 13, 2019

I tried to put the formula in there, but I am not sure exactly how to use it.  

 

Thank you for the help.

You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.