You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Problem with .lfe links in Excel

asked on November 13, 2018 • Show version history

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet in Excel that has links to .lfe files, but I have a problem. I have the same problem if I create the link manually in Excel and then click it, or if I try to create the link using .NET. The problem happens when creating the link programmatically, but if I create the link manually, I have this problem once I click the link. Excel hangs and then eventually pops up with a window that says "Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to finish an OLE action." If I dismiss that pop up window, another will come after it and that will continue indefinitely until I kill the Excel process, or until the Laserfiche document finally opens (this takes 5-10 minutes if I leave it). The same .lfe file will open fine if I double-click it. Any ideas what this could be? Links to other types of files open fine so I know this is a Laserfiche-related issue.

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on November 13, 2018

I can reproduce this and I can't figure out a way around the error. We will look into fixing it for a future release (bug#127174). A workaround is to use hyperlinks to the document within the LF web client.

1 0
replied on November 21, 2020

Is there an update on this issue? I searched the LF support site and scanned through various release notes to see if that bug number was addressed but didn't see it. Is there an easier way to check a bug's status?

0 0
replied on March 28, 2023

Is there any workaround to resolve this problem ? I also want to .lfe links in Excel but it doesn't work for me.

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.