You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Is the Site ID Linked to the Master License?

asked on October 29, 2018

When working on clients system, we were working with a temporary Master license for LFDS. A new Site was created under the temporary license. When switching back to the production Master license, we were receiving errors saying that the Site ID was mismatched. So is the Site connected with the Master license? If not, what causes the error we were saying? We were using LFDS 10.3.1.

3 0

Answer

APPROVED ANSWER SELECTED ANSWER
replied on April 2

Good news: the upcoming release (April 16th) of Directory Server will address this need.

You will be able to use a simple license import mapping dialog to replace your primary license without manually updating users or applications as long as there are equivalent assets on the new license.

You will have to replace update the license files for Forms, LFS, Repository Web Client, and may also need to update other client applications if the serial is different.

1 0

Replies

replied on October 29, 2018

Yes, the licensing database is associated with the master license that was used during its creation. You cannot use a different master license with a different SiteGuid with that database.

1 0
replied on January 7, 2022 • Show version history

Are there any plans to handle clients who are on demo licenses that then convert to full Rio licenses?  Every time this happens, we have to completely reconfigure LFDS and setup all the users and groups again just because the master license changed.  

Can we submit a feature request to activate a new master license with an activation key without needing to start over with LFDS from scratch?  Or perhaps somewhere that the SiteGuid can be updated when importing a new master license file?

1 0
replied on November 7, 2022

Any updates on a workaround/solution for this?

I have a Client that is moving their Laserfiche System to a new network and domain. They are working to secure test license for this so they can validate the process.

They also plan to 'transition' from Windows accounts to SAML accounts for authentication. So using a copy of the existing LFDS database with a potential test license will be vital from implementation.

1 0
replied on November 14, 2025

Following up here to ask the same, is there any update on this? I'm about to migrate a client to new servers, and during this we're moving from RIO to Subscription. I'd like to install in the new environment using their new license, test everything, and then cut-over their migration DBs and data. If what I'm understanding here is accurate, I won't be able to use the prior RIO DB in the LFDS that I installed in the new environment using the subscription due to SiteGuid conflicts. How can we ensure I don't run into this issue as it'll delay everything if we have to recreate the settings in LFDS by hand.

1 0
replied on November 18, 2025

I'd say perhaps use the same RIO license to setup the new environment. And then once you're ready to cutover, then you can update the license to subscription.

0 0
replied on November 18, 2025

That won't work for us because RIO only permits a single LFDS installation, and we need to keep their current environment active while we work on installing and testing the migration. But I like the way you are thinking!

0 0
replied on November 18, 2025

Understood. I am assuming that for some reason you don't want to use the current Production LFDS application to license the new environment?

0 0
replied on October 27, 2020

I have the same issue with a large LFDS setup. This will mean that i have to completely resetup LFDS to resolve this.

1 0
replied on April 1

I am assuming that there is no update to this or can the siteID now be updated/modified to allow for use with a different master license?

0 0
APPROVED ANSWER SELECTED ANSWER
replied on April 2

Good news: the upcoming release (April 16th) of Directory Server will address this need.

You will be able to use a simple license import mapping dialog to replace your primary license without manually updating users or applications as long as there are equivalent assets on the new license.

You will have to replace update the license files for Forms, LFS, Repository Web Client, and may also need to update other client applications if the serial is different.

1 0
replied on April 17

Hi Brianna,

 

Is this released and if so, where can I find the download?

Regards

0 0
replied on April 17

Yes, it is part of the LF 12 Spring 2026 release. You will need to install the update from the Laserfiche Installer.

0 0
replied on April 17

Working on that.

Is this only compatible with Laserfiche v12 LFDS databases? I can't seem to find notes on it.

I have a Client that split their licenses and we were hoping to utilize this tool so that we don't have redo user mappings in the second repository/Forms/, etc. but their current LFDS is v11.

If using the LFDS v12 in the split license will facilitate this, that might be doable as well.

0 0
replied on April 17

I don't think it is a separate tool, I think it is built into LFDS, which would mean you have to be on LFDS 12.

2 0
replied on April 20

That's correct -- the wizard pops up when you attempt to import a license or activate from a key that has a different SiteGUID from within Directory Server. It's available in the latest release, 2026 H1.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.