You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Validate a single line field based on a stored procedure return value

asked on October 2, 2018

Hi, I am trying to set up a single line field to validate input. But this input would depend on a data source's stored procedure that returns a true/false value. I was hoping to make this field give a validation error if the entry already exists within my data source. Is this possible? 

I was able to set up my data source and return true and false to another single line field. I could just compare against that field but I am not sure how to do so. 

 

Thank you for your help,

James

0 0

Replies

replied on October 2, 2018 • Show version history

Check out this post.

With Forms 10.2 and up you can register custom Parsley Validators that will do what you want.

Because you're using a Lookup and there could be a brief delay, you might want to attach an event to the lookupfinished event of the "true/false" field and use that to trigger the validation.

You can find info about the lookup events here.

1 0
replied on October 3, 2018

Thanks Jason,

There is a lot of info here, I will do look through it all and see what I can come up with!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.