You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.



Change Web Access URL when importing workflows

asked on August 17, 2018

I exported all my workflows and imported them to a new server. Unfortunately, the web access URL needs to change and its still using the old URL in these imported workflows.

How can I change the web address for the generate web access activities in of the workflows? 

I'm surprised this isn't part of the import process to update the URLs. It would be a nice enhancement.

0 0


replied on August 17, 2018

You need to make any needed changes directly inside the exported workflow files. If you open up the wfi files in notepad you can edit the URLs directly in the XML. You can also use this process to update any other properties, such as database connections, that may change between environments.

It's a bit clunky, but it's the only way to do it right now.

If you have a directory full of exported workflows, you can try some PowerShell:

$configFiles = Get-ChildItem c:\path\to\workflows *.wfi
foreach ($file in $configFiles)
    (Get-Content $file.PSPath) |
    Foreach-Object { $_ -replace "oldurlhere", "newurlhere" } |
    Set-Content $file.PSPath


1 0
replied on August 17, 2018

That's what I was afraid of. I found the <Base>URL</Base> tag that holds the web access URL.


1 0
replied on August 20, 2018

Hi Kenny,

This is a really good call-out. I've passed it along to the Workflow team. 

1 0


replied on August 20, 2018

If it's an option, you could also try DNS aliasing the old server to the new server.

2 0
replied on August 21, 2018

Good call. I was going to do that soon to catch those getting into Web Access and I didn't think about how it would affect the workflow links. 

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.