You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

What Laserfiche DB table do field names reside in?

asked on June 25, 2018

I would like to do a lookup in a Form for the field name of a field in the LF database.  It is a short list, so I could technically create this as a static drop down, but for future maintenance, I was thinking it would be easier to do the lookup.  (We do not have the SDK.)

My use case is that when team members change titles, I want to provide a way for the document manager to update the titles without having to touch each document.  I figured a Form to Workflow handoff would be the easiest way to make this happen.

Thoughts on how to best get the field information?

 

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on June 25, 2018 • Show version history

Start in the propdef table to find the field you want to query on. Then you can query propval with something like this:

SELECT DISTINCT str_val
FROM propval
WHERE prop_id = <the prop_id you got from propdef>

 

2 0
replied on June 25, 2018

Devin,  are these SQL statements part of a stored procedure that I'd call w/in the Lookup page?

0 0
replied on June 25, 2018

Yes, you can make a stored procedure to retrieve these values. However, my personal preference is to create a dedicated lookup table for this sort of thing. I usually will set up a nightly process to load the table with the relevant values. Unless you require live data, I tend to think it offers more flexibility in the long run.

2 0
replied on June 25, 2018

Devin, that sounds more like something I'm familiar with as well.  Since the live data doesn't change that often, a daily download to a separate table would probably be a good option.  Thanks for the assistance!

0 0

Replies

replied on June 25, 2018

Propdef.

1 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.