You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

SDK Script activity. Datatype problem when running. (solved)

asked on June 20, 2018 • Show version history

Good day all.  Has anyone come across the following error. "Column requires a valid Data Type".  See attachment.  The code runs and produces the expected output in Visual Studio. All imports are present and correct for the script I hope. The message is obviously self explanatory but it doesn't tell me on which line the error is,  so with the amount of lines of code I have, that makes it rather difficult to correct the error.  Is there a way I can find out which line it's not happy with ?

Just to clarify, the code builds without errors but throws the data type error when it is run.

Regards,

Colin.

 

Update 1 :

I've used a process of code elimination, so I know what block of code it lies in. See below. I can now at least see where it is. Something to do with the Type.GetType call possibly.

Dim NewColumn As DataColumn = New DataColumn("ExpiryDate")

NewColumn.DataType = Type.GetType("DateTime")

dtWorkingTable.Columns.Add(NewColumn) 

And there a quite a few more of these, all with datetime or string specification.

Update 2 :

The following code appears to have stopped the error by explicitly adding system.

 

Dim NewColumn As DataColumn = New DataColumn("ExpiryDate")

NewColumn.DataType = System.Type.GetType("System.DateTime")

dtWorkingTable.Columns.Add(NewColumn)

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.87 KB)
0 0

Replies

replied on June 20, 2018 • Show version history

My VB is rusty, but I think you can also use the type directly. It's safer to not use a string.

Dim NewColumn As DataColumn = New DataColumn("ExpiryDate")
NewColumn.DataType = GetType(DateTime)

 

 

0 0
replied on June 20, 2018

Thanks Devin. I'll make a note of that also. yes

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.