I didn't see anything related to my question, so I'm hoping someone has done this before and can assist. Can I do a lookup against the forms database to fill field content?
Use Case: I will have three forms
- create an event form (will capture event name, date, location, session(s), session start/end time(s),etc.)
- sign-up form completed by users to capture user demographics (will do lookup against HRExtract for this); will also do lookup to capture event information and provide session options in drop down for selection.
- generate rosters from user sign-up information (will need to do lookup to extract all users who signed up based on the session times they selected)
What I need to know is, if I capture the instance ID of the initial event creation form, can I:
- For SIGN-UP Form: Do a lookup against the forms database to populate the event information in the sign-up form (all single line fields except for sessions), including populating a drop down with session information that was captured as part of a collection on the Create Event form?
- For ROSTER GENERATION Form: do a lookup against the forms database using the Event ID (this number would be the instance ID from the Create Event Form which would be a hidden/read only field on the Sign-up form identified as EVENT ID) The Event ID would query forms database to lookup and populate the event information (similar to #1 above but without the session information).
- The Event ID would also be used in a Workflow in the Business Process to query forms database to obtain ALL users who signed-up for the event including their session selections. This Workflow would then populate a Word or PDF doc (one per session) showing all those who signed-up for the event.
Looking for some guidance, since I would typically create additional SQL tables for the Event and Sign-up information using a Workflow in the Business Process vs. querying the forms database directly.