You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Step configured is not valid holding up forms process

asked on February 27, 2018

Message: The process step configured within task name "Archive as No Call Back" is not valid or has not occurred. [LFF380-ValidateNoStep]

This is the message it gives about a save to repository task and holds up the process. But what is not valid about it? There is nothing that looks invalid and the validation of the process is successful. What is actually holding it up from running the step?

In previous cases it would say something like "this field is too short" etc.

0 0

Replies

replied on August 22, 2018

Hey Chad, 

Did you ever get this resolved?  I was running into an issue like this recently.

0 0
replied on August 22, 2018

Hey Chase! Long time. I am finding that in Forms 10.3.1 I need to go into the primary settings of the form (where you set the size and basic global settings) and turn off a feature called Validation. I talked with Laserfiche about this and they did not recommend this as a long-term fix, more of a workaround. H

However when I turn it off, it doesn't seem to actually prevent validation from running (IE: field values are still checked, repository configurations still must be met, etc). It does however prevent the nasty errors we were getting on submission where it would just fail without cause.

1 0
replied on August 22, 2018

It has been too long.  

Ok that is good to know.  I will test that and see if it works.  And be cautious of using that as well.

Thanks!

0 0
replied on December 15, 2020

Hi, 

I have just run into the same issue. Has there been an official fix or even reason for this issue?

 

I have set my forms to no validation but the error won't go away. The error message gives nothing away, I have deleted and recreated the save to repo task but no Joy

0 0
replied on September 3 • Show version history

Hello,

Here it is 2026 and I am using LF Forms 12.

I wanted to provide an update.  I had never seen this error before, and came to Answers for assistance.  Wanted to share what seemed to resolve it for me (however accidental it was that I stumbled onto a resolution :).  The clue being the error message referencing something seemingly that has not happened yet.

I had the save to repository task set to save from a process step. Changed it to "Save the form with current process data" and saved the change.  The process resumed and the form was saved to the repository.  No more error message or  suspended form.  Hoping this will help someone else.

Another update - it turns out, I was referencing a variable in a hidden collection in the Save to Repository task.  The fields in the collection had no data because they were hidden - hence the "Has not happened yet" type of error message.  Wanted to share my "extra fry added to my happy meal" moment with you all.

1 0
replied on September 4

I often save hidden (without saving the data) fields to the repository and the value comes over empty which can be a good expected result.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.