You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

test two fields to make sure only one if filled

asked on January 29, 2018 • Show version history

I am wanting to look at two fields and verify that only one field has a value.  the code below is what I am using but it does not appear to work correctly.  

any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

 

//compare values for .miles and .gas
$(document).ready(function() {
  $('.Submit').hide();
  $('.miles input').on('blur change', function() {
    if($('.miles input').val() > $('.gas select').val()) || ($('.gas input').val() > $('.miles select').val(){
      $('.Submit').show();
    } else {
      $('.Submit').hide();
    }
  });
});

mileage == miles

Transportation == gas

0 0

Replies

replied on January 29, 2018

Hi Ramika,

 

You can use Field rule for that.

(sorry for the printscreen, this is a french version)

 

You can hide or show fields depending from anothers fields

0 0
replied on January 29, 2018

It's not only about the show/hide I need to be sure only one field has a number greater than zero in it.  Thank you for the suggestion.  

0 0
replied on January 29, 2018

You can use Field Rule for that too.

 

If (valueA < 0 or = 0 ) => show error message

if (valueA > 0) => hide error message

 

You can mixte conditions.

 

Next, if error is visible hide submit's button.

0 0
replied on January 29, 2018

okay, I can use a field rule to show or hide fields.  That would work if this is all i'm trying to accomplish.  However, I want to make sure that if fieldA is 30 that fieldB is 0 AND if fieldB is 45 the fieldA is 0.  Also, I would prefer to use javascript because I have rules acting on those fields already.  

0 0
replied on January 29, 2018

I understood.

What I means is

You can show error if (A > 0 AND B > 0) or (A = 0 AND B = 0)

and you can hide error if (A > 0 AND B = 0) or (A = 0 AND B > 0)

Then if (error is visible) using javascript => hide submit

or if (error is invisible) using javascript => show submit

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.