You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

View the calculation error in forms

asked on November 28, 2017 • Show version history

Anyway to see what the error is?

 

0 0

Replies

replied on November 28, 2017

What's your calculation?

0 0
replied on November 29, 2017

=SUB(value1,value2)

I would like to see the errors I am getting though because every time I try to do any calculation I get an error and since I have not been able to view the error I just use javascript. Which is fine for me, but I like to show customers how to do calculations this way without coding and everytime we run into this message.

0 0
replied on November 29, 2017

Are the 2 fields you are calculating number fields or single line fields?

0 0
replied on November 29, 2017

they both showed a number range in the edit window and I think only number fields have that option.

0 0
replied on November 29, 2017

I don't know if this helps, I was recently at training and I saw a really cute way to fix fx problems in forms, open a excel sheet and demo your own scenario. Do the function and the calculation and see if it pans out. 

That's all I got sadly - don't think I've seen a way to view the error other than the way I mentioned!

0 0
replied on November 30, 2017

Unfortunately SUB is not an Excel function.

0 0
replied on November 30, 2017

@████████, have you tried using ABS instead? Something like this =ABS(value1-value2).

0 0
replied on November 30, 2017

ABS only takes 1 value. SUB takes 2 and returns the difference between the values. I am trying to figure out if this feature is something that might be a good alternative for non-programmers. It was a recent addition to forms but I am pretty sure half the functions are not ready for production yet. If I could access the error, then I could get a better idea of what is going on. Otherwise I am in the dark.

0 0
replied on November 30, 2017

I should have looked at that, sorry. In Excel it can take 2 values.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.