You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Cannot find Help page for Forms "process error messaging" setup

asked on November 20, 2017 • Show version history

I am trying to use the Forms option for "Process Error Messaging" for the first time.  It appears easy, but my first attempt is not working and I cannot find Help pages to clarify questions.  My first question is:  How do I need to format the regular expression so that it knows I want this error message to act upon invalid input in the "Applicant Name" field.  This is what I tried first:

My second attempt, putting asterisks before and after the field name in the regular expression field, ended up invalidating the Validation to not allow an ampersand:  [^&]+

1 0

Replies

replied on November 20, 2017

I have now tried [Application Name], {Application Name}, (Application Name), \{Application Name}, "Application Name", etc.  All to no avail!

0 0
replied on November 24, 2017

I am having the same issue. Please can somebody help out.

0 0
replied on November 27, 2017

UPDATE:  Thanks to Andrew Pappas, who helped me with this!

Success!  So what I was doing wrong was in the second Process Error Message field, in the WHEN spot.  My choice there was wrong. 

This is what I have now and it is working:

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.