You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

upgrading gotyas v9 to v10

asked on October 25, 2017 • Show version history

Finally getting around to upgrading my avante install from version 9 to version 10.   Just curious as to if there are any gotyas I should be looking out for.  Or is it a fairly stable process

0 0

Replies

replied on October 26, 2017

I've done several upgrades for our clients, and really have had no issues.  It's nothing like the 7 to 8 or nine upgrade. The only things to be aware of would be:

1. There is a database update that can take some time depending on the size of your SQL database.  The longest I've seen this take is about 30 minutes on a 20 GB database.  It's an automatic process that fires off right after the upgrade, and you can't log into the repository until it's finished.

2. I have had to re-create the search index before.  Generally not a big deal since it goes in the background and doesn't stop anyone from logging in and retrieving documents.

0 0
replied on October 26, 2017

Oh, and ALWAYS backup up your SQL database before upgrading.  I know this should go without saying, but you never know. :)

0 0
replied on October 30, 2017

Paul,   Thanks for the info.   I appreciate it!

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.