You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

search metadata

asked on October 6, 2017 • Show version history

I'm working with Connector Profiles but the question applies to other search cases...

How do I limit a search to metadata files only? 

My search keywords are to simple e.g. '43' which is a Site_ID metadata field.

The search dialog has choices like All Fields or Entry Names but I can't find a definition for those terms.

All Fields does narrow much search which resulted in 
({LF:Basic~="399",option="F"}) & {LF:Name="*", Type="DF"}

? How do I narrow further to just search the Site_ID field?

? Where in the docs is the advance search syntax documented?

? Is there a "query builder tool" that helps develop search syntax?

 

 

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on October 10, 2017


The Advanced Search Syntax document will probably answer most of your questions.   There are quite a few search options that are only available using the advanced search syntax.

To search metadata:  {[name]:[fieldname]="value"}   where name is the template and fieldname is the metadata field.   You don't need to specify the template {[]:[Site_ID]="43"}

(I don't use Connector but it sounds as if the search syntax is the same, hopefully this helps! )

1 0
replied on October 11, 2017

Likely the search syntax is the same as Connector opens the results and displays the syntax used. I can edit the search string and get other results.

 

0 0

Replies

You are not allowed to reply in this post.
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.