You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Workflow Search Repository Activity and Variables

asked on September 14, 2017 • Show version history

Hello,

I'm retrieving entries from the Repository using the Search Repository Activity and I want entries that start with a certain value.

Example: I want anything that starts with 12345

I have two values: 12345 and 1234567

I'm using the wildcad * to search anything that begins with the variable below, which is 12345, which should return 12345 and 1234567, but it does not return anything when I ran the Workflow.

{LF:name="%(ForEachEntryForeachxmlfilefound_CurrentEntry_Name)*", Type="D"}

If I do a "Test Search Query" and plug the number there directly, it works.

Any idea why?

Thank you,

Raul Gonzalez

0 0

Answer

SELECTED ANSWER
replied on September 15, 2017

I ran a sample with an XML file named A1234567, and PDF files named A1234567 (2) and A1234567 (3).

If I make the name in my search A12345*(*) it picks up both the PDF files but not the XML file.

Would this work for you?

1 0

Replies

replied on September 14, 2017

Have you confirmed that %(ForEachEntryForeachxmlfilefound_CurrentEntry_Name) has the expected value when this workflow ran?

0 0
replied on September 15, 2017

Yes, if I run it without the * it returns 12345. If I run it with the * it doesn't return anything.

0 0
replied on September 15, 2017

Can you post a shot of your search in the actual workflow?  Let us see what is around your workflow to make sure it is not a different activity causing the issue?

0 0
replied on September 15, 2017 • Show version history

Sure. Notice in the branch there is an Add (2) token that I'm using to append a (2) into the original entry name so, this is what we have:

  • One XML in a repository folder with the name abcd
  • One PDF in the same folder with the name abcd (2)

the (2) was added automatically because there cannot be two files with the same name, even if it's a different extension.

When I do the search and simply append the (2) it gives me the result I want. 

Now to move forward I want to replace that and simply look for anything that contains abcd, so "abcd*" should return the one with the (2), right? but it does not return anything. I want to get rid of appending the (2) and using the wildcard because there could be a (3) (4) (45), who knows.

BranchXMLPDF.PNG
BranchXMLPDF.PNG (38.59 KB)
0 0
SELECTED ANSWER
replied on September 15, 2017

I ran a sample with an XML file named A1234567, and PDF files named A1234567 (2) and A1234567 (3).

If I make the name in my search A12345*(*) it picks up both the PDF files but not the XML file.

Would this work for you?

1 0
replied on September 15, 2017

Jennifer, yes that did the trick.

My Search Query no looks like this, which workes:

{LF:LookIn="%(Local Path)", Subfolders=n}&{LF:name="%(ForEachEntryForeachxmlfilefound_CurrentEntry_Name)*(*)", Type="D"}

Couldn't find anything similar in the attached manual. 

Thanks again Jennifer,

Raul Gonzalez

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.