You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Using built function to duplicate field input. When empty passes base date

asked on August 17, 2017 • Show version history

I'm using the built in function feature to pass the user input date value to a field in a different table. If one of the date fields in the original table is left blank, the echoing field value is setting to the base date, 12/30/1899.

 

0 0

Replies

replied on August 17, 2017

Have you tried putting an IF function around the function so you can control the default value if the source field is blank?

1 0
replied on August 18, 2017

Good idea, I was going to clear it with Jquery, but this sounds like a cleaner solution.

0 0
replied on August 18, 2017 • Show version history

Yep, that worked. Thanks.

=IF(INDEX(Table1.value3,ROW())=NULL,NULL,INDEX(Table1.value3,ROW()))

0 0
replied on August 18, 2017 • Show version history

Actually I just thought this was working.

Throwing an error: Calculation contains an invalid variable. I'm pretty sure my varible names are correct,

Is NULL a legal keyword in open formula?

0 0
replied on August 18, 2017

I don't think so. Try "" instead of NULL

0 0
replied on August 18, 2017

Ok, tried:

=IF(INDEX(Table1.value3,ROW())="","",INDEX(Table1.value3,ROW()))

and I don't get an error, but it returns  a value of 12/30/1899 again.

0 0
replied on August 18, 2017

Okay, so it seems like the only way to blank out entirely the field is JavaScript. 

0 0
replied on October 6, 2021

I know this is an old post, but this is still an issue.  There is no way to set a date field to blank using the built in Formula that I can determine; JS is the only option.  There should be another way.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.