You are viewing limited content. For full access, please sign in.

Question

Question

Error in submitting the form - [LFF2107-SubmissionError]

asked on May 30, 2017 Show version history

Hi all,

When trying to submit a form, I am getting error message : '[LFF2107-SubmissionError]'. All variable names have been correctly defined and I have cleared the browser cache. The Idle Timeout in IIS has been set to 120 minutes. There is no trace of this error in event logs of LFForms.

Thanks to advise how to solve this issue.

Sheila

4 0

Replies

replied on June 1, 2017 Show version history

I am having the same issue but it is sporadic. One time the form will submit with no issues, the next time I get the dreaded An Error occurred while processing....

I just noticed that the email was sent to the approver even though I got the error. The submitter was never able to see the completed form or have the option to email or download it.

0 0
replied on August 14, 2017

Was there ever a solution provided?

0 0
replied on August 24, 2017

Not yet.

0 0
replied on September 6, 2017

We're having the same issue.  Get the same error, but it goes through anyway.  

0 0
replied on September 7, 2017

Getting the exact error on a particular form from our external server, but it processes correctly into the repository and the workflow runs smoothly from the data captured.  If processing the same form on the internal server, no error.  

0 0
replied on February 27

Did you ever get resolution on this error?  I'm seeing the same thing and I'm looking for the solution.

 

 

0 0
replied on April 18

I am getting this error now on one server. If you check the operational log for the corresponding event, you should see the actual error as:

'Laserfiche.Forms.CommonUtils.FormsValidation.FieldValidators.ValidatorErrorException' was thrown.
   at Laserfiche.Forms.CommonUtils.FormsValidation.FormValidator.FormValidator`1.Validate()

It appears the problem is with this validate function. There must be something it is not handling properly and the entire system is relying on it.

I am going to try reaching out to tech support on this

0 0
replied on April 20

No luck getting any info from tech support. I wonder if there is a way to access the code that runs in .Validate()

I am thinking this is not javascript, but compiled C# code. The validate function needs a handler for this so it doesn't dump everything. We lose the entire submission and we have lost many submissions over the last few days.

0 0
replied on April 26

I don't think support understands where the commonutil class is. They are searching for routing errors of which there is none. This function likely runs before any routing at the service. Does anyone over at LF know where the commonutil class resides and when these functions are run, can they be logged, etc?

We have tried builds 10.2.1, 10.3.0 and 10.3.1. We can not get this function to stop throwing exceptions.

0 0
replied on May 3 Show version history

I think I have it weeded out finally.

The Validate function throws this exception when a select field is set to a value that does not exist. This should not be possible but it is possible to attempt to set a select field to another a value outside of it's range using the address bar (IE: ?FieldName=value). Which was the case for us. We are providing pre-configured information as a convenience in the emails sent out.

Well either the links were sometimes copied and pasted into a browser improperly or the lookup for that select field had not finished before loading. Hard to say which but I can confirm that if the value does not exist there is a mishap.

The system does not allow the value to be set as it should, but it leaves the value showing "null" which also does not exist in the list. By leaving the null text there it appears to the form that the value is set correctly and allows submission, only after submission does it realize "null" is not a value in the list.

I inserted some javascript to look for null on change and clear the field to work around the issue.

 

EDIT: Found that null only shows up for select fields attached to a lookup

0 0
replied on May 7

Chad, 

Thanks for doing so much legwork tracking this down.  Ideally the solution would come from the LF side but checking for the null is a doable workaround for now.

 

Thanks!

0 0
replied on May 9

If it helps, our organization is experiencing the same error, and we are also unable to pinpoint the issue.

0 0
You are not allowed to follow up in this post.

Sign in to reply to this post.